Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Written Monday, prior to the chaos:
I screwed up, procrastinated and didn't organize my rides and caretakers for this weeks appointment extravaganzaa.  I knew I had infusions starting at 12:30 today so when I got a phone call at 8pm Friday from a perky interventional radiology nurse asking if I was coming in I said "absolutely," but when, "ok, I'll see you bright and early at 6:30 amm" was her response, I put the brakes on the conversation. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. I was coming in for chemo afternoon. Is this an add-on?" I asked.    Low and behold, yes it was. I'd been scheduled for a procedure by a well meaning person who wanted to consolidate my appts but forgot to notify me! Oopsy, but it'4 okay. I'm flexible. I thought the weekend would give me lots of time to find help. Well, this it didn't. I slacked. Well, I also thought I partly had it taken care of but didn't. I was frantically calling people yesterday who could pick me up, but not having anybody offer, I was hesitant to assign someone.  I have options for pick up. I won't be left here, whether a friend who works here, my aunt, my go-to girl, or Jon himself has to trek the 40 min. I will get home. I just don't know exactly when I'll be done. Makes it hard to plan a pick-up.       This morning Jon and Xander woke up at 5:15 with me. J showered and got ready for the day. I dressed x in his semi-sleep, grabbed his DS, a blanket and pillow and packed them all up in the car. J took care of X's school stuff. My 6:30 appt made it possible for them to bring me to the hospital and return back in time for school just a little late for work. I'd tried to send X to my parents to do this, but with no response to my calls yesterday as they drove home from NYC, where mom had been working all week end, I wasn't about to drop him off this am without notice.  I figured there silence was my answer. X traveled with us. Now, I'm here alone wondering how my day will go, but truth be told, I never want to be this disorganized again.   Maybe I'll put a calender on my sidebar with what I need to do ob what days and people could offer to help based on what I need. Maybe, we'll see if I can work that out.

No comments: