Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finally, good news!


I woke up yesterday am and decided it was spring. 
I had recently realized it hasn't been 50 degrees in NH in 6 months. 
So I got my mind in spring mode. I put some color in my outfit: a coral t-shirt with a big cotton colorful scarf, jeans, flats and my green trench.
 I thought if I looked good, I'd feel good. 
I need all the help I can get.
Well, then the weather intervened, and in the 5 min. It took to take x to school, it started to snow.
 So back home I went adding a button up shirt, socks, shoes (couldn't handle boots) and my eskimo jacket still feeling a little peppy and trendy, but cold. 
All that peppiness may have been due to my hip-hitting coach purse mom lent me to hold my pee bag from the nephrostomy tube, or maybe, just maybe, it was because I was feeling almost normal!
 YES! 
And more good news came at my appts. 
My kidney functions normalized last Thurs! 
I could sense the return to function. I was able to urinate normaly. 
How about them apples?
 I was able to have the tube attached to the stent keeping my ureter open capped and the bag removed. 
No more external urine and just a band aid over my small incision. 
I didn't need an infusion of fluids so I left the hospital early. 
I had what I consider a "good" day. 
My labs: all normal! 

I'm on schedule for chemo next week, even though my team keeps reiterating with bendamustine it's possible for my blood counts to drop at the last minute and postpone treatment.
 So even if spring hasn't "officially" come, I can feel that it's on its way.
 Somehow, someway, during hell week last week, I scheduled X's bday party for sat. 
We're preparing tomorrow, and After a small hiatus from therapy due to my inability to transport him, x is getting back into therapy starting weds. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This IS good news, Hillary!