Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Good Friday!
And it is a GOOD Friday, not just "religious holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary." Thank you wikipedia.
No, it's a good day.
I feel ok, even after a week of vacation with X. We've had a tumultous week. Lots of fun including him shopping with his birthday money mon., playing outside together Tuesday and going to the Competitive Complex in Canaan yesterday.
But this was also peppered with therapy, where it's advised to get bad emotions out. Unfortunately, once the can of worms is opened it's not sealed shut after the hour. X has been emotional seeing I'm now well and he can vent is anger. And he does. 


One therapist told me he has an overall severe adverse reaction to loss due to all he has lost through his life, he is constantly grieving. 


This makes punishment miserable when it includes taking something away, the LOSS of a privilege, and he did lose privileges for his outburst yesterday. Thank goodness for Jon's support who came home from work. We all worked it out together after what may have been hours of screaming and crying after a great day.


He is clearly anxious and depressed. This week I'm almost ready to medicate him for depression.


No antidepressant prescription has been tested and approved for use under the age of 18. I'm open and up for any suggestions. Please help.


So today is better. 


Here is something I stumbled upon to keep us motivated:



Belief in success is the one basic, absolutely essential ingredient in successful people.”
Believing something can be done sets the mind in motion to find a way to do it.

“Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.
all quotes by David J Schwart

1 comment:

pink said...

Hi Hillary! I'm a long-time blog lurker who doesn't comment enough. :-)

I don't have any advice or help, unfortunately. I just wanted to write and say your family is in my family's thoughts and prayers. I hope X finds some peace over the Easter weekend.