Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 2, 2011

After an exhausting but fabulous weekend my treatment has found a way to force me to rest and recover: a PET scan today!

My PET scan scheduled for the past several weeks for Weds. May 4th was changed with a surprise phone call Saturday!!

Last minute appointment changes are par for the course. Any patient needs patience, especially when recognizing you don't have much control over the schedule.

I don't know why they do this. I think it may be for giggles and amusement.

I absolutely scrambled to find a ride for me (the test takes 3 hours) and someone to pick up X since I'm banned from driving for 24 hours, but it's done!

On the upside, the xanax they give me will have me sleeping like a rock until X's baseball game tonight.

I will rest then I'll let you in on the good times and the results. 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hillary,
I've been a follower of your blog for awhile now. You are an amazing woman. I enjoy your honesty and humor. I wanted to tell you about the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge in NYC. It is a fantastic place and they are very accomodating...for free to cancer patients. I've stayed there several times and it is like a haven in a storm. Check it out!