Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 14, 2011

My medical plan has been set all week. My IV vanco was stopped weds. I stayed on IV zosyn in anticipation of my kidney stent removal yesterday. Guess who no longer has a kidney stent!!! Having presented a little healthier this past mon. Than the mon. 4 weeks ago, I thought I'd heal more quickly. That wasn't the case. I made it to the hospital more quickly but became. Just as sick while here. I've been resting the whole week, sleeping often, both am, afternoon and early evening. I didn't even get round two of the bendamustine! We opted to play it safe and just take the stent out. I'm planning on getting out today by noon in time to see X's game if it's not canceled from rain. This illness has halted advertising for The White Tigers Relay Volleyball tournament and Yard Sale next Sun. @ 9 am. If anybody wants to create a team, print or copy and paste the forms on the relay page. We are in need of donations for the yard sale. Donations can be dropped off at my home or at Patch Park in the am the day of. We are also looking for anyone interested in Baking. Finally, any crafters interested should contact me. The table fee is a donation and revenue raised goes to the crafter.

No comments: