Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

History repeated itself. I tool my 60 percent bendamustine dose on mon. I was at the hospital from 9-2pm. I arrived home at three and fell into a deep sleep. L came to scheck on me, I assume. Bc I was covered in an extra blanket. Maybe he sauw the shakes. At 7 pm I woke up feeling the same way I did for weeks agao, I need to hrow up! I didn't want to bendover to the toilet in fear I'd drop my bp and pass out on thefloor. I grabbed the garbaGe and threw up. I called my mom for help. I was feeling ok.... Then. I took my temp, 101.8. I was not okay. I was going to the hospital. J, dad scrambled to pack me. My mom cared for me. X hid in the lr. This er experience was very different. I presented the same. Fever, sepsis, BP 75/44, hour 140s,I was talking jibberish. I apparently told the doctor after he said, "well, I guess its time for antibiotics. "Good," I said matter of factly, "bc we had this problem a year ago and had to get the prime minister involved.". He scurried out of the room. I didn't have to fight for antibiotics this time. When my mom said I missed my. Evening ms contin dose, it was given to me. There was a question whether I schould go to HSCU (cancer special care unit/icu step down) vs. Icu. I had a nurse from the er, the cancer floor, the hscu, and the icu floowing me around. What ahuge difference from last time when I was stuck on med/surg with the saMe presenting symptoms. I'm in the HSCU room 120. Next chemo time, I think we'll arrange to have it as an in-patient to save me the rushing, packing and trip to the er.

2 comments:

lanabanana said...

Sorry to hear you have hit yet another bump in the road, but as bumps go, this one has gone pretty well! Competent, compassionate care makes ALL the difference.

Hugs!
Alanna

Connie said...

"Talking jibberish?" If so, your jibberish is very effective! Replying to the doctor who said "well, I guess its time for antibiotics." with "Good,"bc we had this problem a year ago and had to get the prime minister involved," was SPOT ON! Good for you! Advocating assertively even in the midst of fever and other debilitating symptoms! You are my hero!