Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, December 23, 2011

Dr oc notes

Dr O to the rescue! The trip to nyc was eventful. I had to get up at 5:30 and leave it 6. I got the front seat first off in the car instead of my grandparents, who weren't jumping at being navigator until we had to get off the highway and find an emergency place where I keeled over. Thank you comfort inn. At 8:30 I was throwing up, sweating. I took immodium, ativan, cesamet, kytril and bennadryl. I slep through the pain. I can guess thAt dad found everythingfine; he did when we went out, but I was a head full of drugged mush anyway. Except for some notes: 2 therapies:1. register me for thalidamide, if not certified call owen, 2. H dc inhibitor clinical trial. Starts feb! Just finished in this disease. Bone cancer: stop sgn; thyroid causing fatigue. Trial temporarily: revlomid? Marc focus on fixing fatigie; revlomid or lenilidomide . Nurses need to start approval for lenlomide. Oral daily 40-50 percent feel better. Keep off chemo as long as possible. Need endocrinologist!!!! Chemo prescribe: lenolidomide 10 mg po qd indefinately/ check TSH- see endocrine. I'm still incredibly intimidated that this is the info I need to convey between doctors- people with degrees at took 6 years longer to get, but I know I can't wait. DHMC is on it. Dr Lansignan, who is very good, has been speaking with him while my doc is out until jan. Everything will go as it should. I'm happy its Christmas.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: