Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hospital day 2

I thought I was in luick when thee iv team came in, took a look at my arms, and said, "where's good for a long stay?" Psyched he would e so considerate of MY functioning, I slapped both hairless forearms making sure my blue blood vessels came to the surface. An iv in the forearm means I move freely, actively, not a patint tied to the bed. Instead he saw the veins staring from my antecube/ac/behind the elbow. The most obvious of all, generally for emergencies when a hot pack and time isn't on your side, its awful for patients. Movement is restricted. I can't bend my arm wiithout setting off alarms. Ugh, and that's where it is. I was awoken at 5 for blood, rning rounds, vitals, etc and will prob fall asleep. I just wish I knew what this prob was? Addisons? But too late to tell bc they started steroids without question, but steroids have donewonders. My 1/3 of a lung appears clear, but if it doesn't materlized ro a full pnurmonia does that mean no pnuemonia would. Have ever occurred? Doubtful. I'm hoping were predicting these illness better and preventimt its been f years, If I don't feel better should I head to ny mon? Can I call dr. O on a wkend. Of course I can, that doesn't mean I'll get him. Communication in health care is an abhomination. Dr.s from diferent hospitals don't talk, not even a consult summary. Ots left to the patient to find the doc make the request understand and relay back, like a game of telephone. its for the darkages and mistakes can be lethal. I almost died bc of miscommunicationsin the same hospital and the chart to prove it. Dr. G hear said he'd call, regarding many things my PET results, yes my results, Ill have another posting, but only appeared infinitesimally worse, and dr.o has contingency plans. The few past months have been the best in my life in a long time. I could be relied on. I was stable. Plans happened. Luckilly, I can still tell when x is really sick and needz a break. I have time for special tlc mommy care days, which are just as important as medicine to a kid, even if it does mean rescheduling a scan. These little important pieces are always what I hold on to. I'd consider saying I wish my life were different, but that would take for granted the full life.I have. Its just time to hibernate for sick season-until april
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

jone said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. It’s great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.