Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Normal treatment weekend day

I had a normal trtmnt wkend day. I woKe up. Played around. Made sure c and x were fed and ready for bball practice by 8. I recreated my jewelry displays since a store wanted them all (go me!! Cheer on the hillary). Then j and x got home with our friend's daughter who still trusts us with her kids even though poor x got forgotten at school thurs. I thought j had taken care of it. J thought since I'd be home from treatment, I'd get him. Oopsy, we forgot our child. Good thing we live in our small community where the teachers joked with him while j scurried out of work. We're so fortunate to be surrounded by good people. Instead of leaving hysterical he left saying he needed to stay to make coffee in the morning. I didn't wake up for 24 hours. Today, I tried to behave "normally" I went to one of those scentsy and 31 parties. Its been a long time since I charged out into the world, alone, to a party even mid afternoon. Then everyone seemed to have other parties scheduled afterwards: ugly sweater parties, kids birthdays, 30th bdays, and I began to wonder where the hell I'd been that ugly sweater parties had become normal. Then I remembered, I've been forcibly turned into a hermit out of fear for my life. Luckily I've been perfectly content in my bubble, but I used to be such a social creature. Now I'm fulfilled by my friends, writing, family and facebook. I think, hope, maybe, that this is just a normal part of adulthood. Though I'm pretty confident, I spent my 20s and all the maturing is was supposed to do, in confinement. Maybe I was just resting up for mt 30s? Who knows, but I plan to find the energy to go to another cheesy women party, discovery toys, tomorrow. Next week, I'm thinking sunday, maybe I'll have a jewelry party of my own for the holidays next week. Maybe. Anyone want an invite? I have gorgeous pieces.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR OWN JEWLERY PARTY.. UI WOULD SEND OUT INVITES FOR YOU IF NEED BE ON FB AND ALL THAT :)

MICHELLE S:)

Adrianna Woods said...

Hi, thanks for posting this