Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Holidays

In all my years of fighting, in over half a decade, I'd never once looked, mostly out of fear at what I would see, what it was like on the other side: the side of my caregivers. Ok, that'd be a lie. I'd think about it just enough to not be a pain in the ass, to be cute, compliant, even funny. Now, time has taken its toll. Making jokes and being easy to chill with are still important, but the people surrounding me, they've selflesslly loved me and keep on loving, despite having to watch their nightmare come true. I don't know why today the reality crept in. The feelings must have been so strong. I had the best christmas ever. It felt unfilled and carefree with excitement. We knew we had enough to enjoy the holiday and each other. I just suddenly saw and felt the words like it's own message. Maybe someone was sending one to me, but it's gone. I'm feeling ill. I'm so excited to have had today with my friends and family.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: