Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hosp budget/ therapy pilot

To understand the dire situation hospitals are facing, it's important to understand the process that started the whirlwind decline. This past July, the NH budget passed within which was included new stipulations for the 5.5 percent bed tax hospitals are required to pay. in previous years, the 5.5 percent was given back to the hospital allowing for a small safety net of an operating profit; and thereby, the ability to treat the uninsured or undercompensated paients with medicaid or medicare without facing bankruptcy. However, this years budget opted not to return the 5.5 percent tax instead diverting it to other, areas of the budget, such as infrastracturee and energy improvements, turning what had been a small opporating profit into millions of dollars in uncompensated care, which almost immediatly began effecting patient care through longer wait times, etc. Oddly, Smaller critical access hospitals in the state were noy affected. Criticall access hospitals eccept difficult patients but my not be able to give the treatmean According to Dawn more lay offs are set to occur this week at the health care giant."People fly here from Bermuda for treatment or drive 8 hours from Maine for Bone Marrow Transplants, which aren't offered in that state."*** trauma focused theray pilot program. In claremont. Rosenburgs and dan ferara involved. Across the state at community mental health centers therapists are being trained to provide trauma focused effective therapy through a state provided grant for the pilor program.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: