Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bendamustine's sneeaky effects.

It's 2:30 on Sat., and I've just gotten around to waking up.
It's still up in the air if I'll really wake up at all today.
Bendamustine has the nasty effect of dropping your blood counts 3.5 to 4 weeks after treatment, making you feel crappy right before you're priming to go get your next dose.
I've been fighting the feeling.
I've been trying to continue my normal routine.
This week we took X and his cousin to their first dance ever. They hung around the wall for a while until the urge to break dance took over.
There was an end of baseball season party last night. X clocked 42 mph with his pitch. Jon still pitched 78mph, on a 5 year cold arm. He's getting some of daddy's talents.
But more or longer naps started creeping in. More pain and discomfort started to take over. The chronic fatigue set in.
Now today is one of the most gorgeous days of the year so far and I'm happily snoozing on the couch, blowing off book sales, yard sales, parties, play dates, and play off games. Jon took off with X.
We'll see what happens. Hopefully everybody else is out enjoying themselves. 

No comments: