Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 13, 2011

Silly Hillaryisms

I've been on a self-induced craze recently. Again, I took my chemo, started to recover, and hit the ground running.
I've been feeling like I have to do everything all at once and I have to do it now for years now.
For example, on Saturday, in between naps and excruciating pain, I tried to talk Brynn into driving to Hopkinton MA to see my sister.
Fortunately, she is a friend that understands these silly hillaryisms and diverted me from the subject. She did not try to talk me out of it, because there is just no reasoning with a silly hillary.
I'm sure these actions would be diagnosed as an "anxiety disorder," but why bother diagnosing me with anything else?
 I do have the medication necessary to control these thoughts and feelings of urgency if I want to.
I just don't. I want to get things done and I want to get them done now.
My anxiety and need to accomplish things in a set amount of time is not entirely pathological.
How would you feel if you were diagnosed with an untreatable cancer? You'd probably have things you wanted to make sure were checked off the list before your final good bye wouldn't you?
Well, I sure do and I never know when that time will happen. I don't think it's anytime soon, but I could be tricking myself.
I haven't been slacking. I've been accomplishing my goals, chugging along all the time. I've also been enjoying my times. I've found a balance.
 I've done most except write the book I've dreamed of writing since the second grade.
Since I do actually have a book in the works, and that book has been in the works for the past four years, I've decided it is finally time to finish it.
But when I started to edit this book and complete my masterpiece, I realized I had more like three books worth of material.
These are the nonfiction novels I am talking about. Why would I have to write fiction? My life is crazy enough!
This doesn't include the Children's book I wrote as an answer to X's question during my first transplant that my friend's genius husband has been illustrating and is nearly finished!
He's illustrated the pages so well I dare say my words are put to shame when they are placed on the same page.
I just need to enter the foray of the publishing world now.
I've done most everything I've put my mind to, all except cure my cancer. I'm on a mission again, and I know this will be just as much an adventure as all my last.
So again, if anybody has any advice about who to call, where to go, what to ask, I'm all ears.
I just hope not to neglect you readers here, but it will all be worthwhile in the end.


So if you all like my musings, please pray my books find a home so my experiences can help other survive the craziness I have.

No comments: