Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 24, 2011

RELAY TONIGHT


"Don't give up! I believe in you all.
A person's a person, no matter how small!
And you very small persons will not have to die
If you make yourselves heard! 
So come on, now, and TRY!"
-Horton Hears a Who
Relay is still on tonight, all night, rain or shine at The River Valley Tech College on Rte 120 in Claremont NH!

5-6pm is registration and 6pm begins the kick-off hour with the survivors walk! 

Team White Tigers still plans on staying up all night beating down that track, especially team co-captains, x and lex. 

Our booth, has Horton Hears a Who as our theme, because a person is a person, or a cell is a cell, no matter how small. We have a cushy Horton and one gigantic Horton head, you can't miss us, along with little flowers to hand out.

We'll be selling cancervivor artists' work (my jewelry, quilts, runners, etc.), handing out information on lymphoma, bone marrow transplants, and educating children about cancer, as well as a sign up sheet for anybody interested in joining a committee of people concerned about our areas possible cancer cluster.

I'll either be there celebrating until 8pm at least, I can't miss the 7:30 team picture, or I'll be holed up comfortably in the camper with a queen size bed and heat.

However, with the weather, if I think I'm risking illness I'm high tailing it home for the night. We also have soccer pictures at 8:30am on Saturday, and guess who gets to represent the coaches? Guess who didn't get a coaches shirt this year?

I'll be representing in J's 3x t-shirt. Hope to see you tonight. 

Grrrrr, go tigers!

No comments: