Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dad-date

I usually get a copy of my dad's update but this one didn't come my way. Hmmm, maybe it had something to do with his tone. What Dad doesn't know is I love reading his perspective (even if he over exaggerates). This "healthy Hillary" list could have been a government trial in information dissemination. What started out as an update to friends and family in 2006 took on a life of its own with more and more people asking to get on the list in the past 6 years, then those people forwarding it to others who have followed my battle, then maybe so on and so forth. I have no idea who we've touched and if or how this has helped, but I know it's blessed me with a blanket of support and love that I know I always have with me. It's a huge part of why I keep fighting. I'm so blessed. Hi to all. Happy New year to all.. My last update was almost a month ago now and I apologize for taking so long. The holidays are always hectic and this year was even more so. So the good news first. 2011 was probably Hillary's best year as far as being sick from her Cancer in the last 5 years. She only spent a couple of stays in the hospital. The miracle of 34th street was only a dream. The cancer has come back and she is now off of that trial drug. I believe this is the 14th time that the Hodgkin disease has mutated and returned. She is trying to get on a different drug until a new trial drug study is started in February. Dr O has moved from NYU to Columbia University as of Jan 2. So she will need to be the miracle of 151st st in NY. Over the holiday she went more than 3 weeks without being able to hold down any food. I don't know how she did it! As you know when she gets sick I get very nervous, don't sleep well. But this time I thought I should just eat what Hillary could not. Yes I pigged out with lots of good food. I wake up in the middle of the night and instead of writing all of you and update I ate Cookies!! Hillary told me tonight that the steroids she is on do not make her grow like Barry Bonds. Those are a different type. She has an appointment tomorrow because she has actually lost 3" in height! They have not checked her Bone density in 2 years. Tomorrow is that painful day. If it keeps going Xander at 8 years old will be taller than his mother! There is only 4" difference now!  Last week all the new medications started to work and she would get cravings and we would go out to where ever to eat. Her energy has come back a little. Her spirit is still strong but her physical being is weak. So as we all start a new Year -- 2012 lets hope we can all get and stay healthy. Enjoy the year ahead and make all your dreams come true. The world is not perfect but worrying does not make it better. Live life to the fullest and enjoy what you have. I just enjoy all my friends as they all care about Hillary. Lots of love Vic Nancy, Patrick and Grace, Preston, Pierce, Allen, Heather, Jon, Xander, and especially Hillary.-

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: