Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, January 14, 2012

It takes a lot of loss to truly appreciate the "small" things in life, and realize how nothing is ever "small.". I thought I had gratitude for my needs and activities of everyday living, like eating, breathing, and moving pain free. I knew I was lucky before I got sick, but these were "small," inconsequential occurences that my body took care of naturally. Well, now my body doesn't eat and digest naturally, breathe easily, or survive without pain. The temporary relief I receive when the medications are correct are the best in my life. I feel like I'm in heaven, floating on air, But I rarely get there. The floating could be from the mind altering meds too. I don't care how the feeling of "almost normal" happens. Good news is, I think I'm rounding the bend. I'll be getting the elation of survival sometime. Just keep saying those prayers. Fri. Jan. 13 was the Feast of St. Hilary. A favorite day of mine, Fr. Stan had a special mass for me that day planned without the knowledge of my feast day. St. Hilary was a writer, exiled, he wrote to promote the church and has the first known published catholic text in the Americas, at least I think. Wouldn't want to lie about a saint, but how cool is that?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: