Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, April 11, 2009

ACS Form Letter

April XX, 2009


Finance Committee
New Hampshire State Senate
State House, Room 302
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301


Dear Chairman D’Allesandro and Members of the Senate Finance Committee,

(ON BEHALF OF INSERT NAME OF ORGANIZATION) I am writing to respectfully request that you fund the New Hampshire Cancer Plan by increasing the state cigarette tax by $1.00 and dedicate a nickel to the New Hampshire Cancer Plan. As an organization committed to improving the health of New Hampshire citizens, we strongly support the Cancer Plan.

(INSERT ADDITIONAL COMMENTS RELEVENT TO THE MISSION AND WORK OF YOUR ORGANIZATION). Cancer remains one of the greatest threats to the public welfare in New Hampshire, but we are fortunate enough to have the ability to defeat it. Studies show that every time a state significantly increases the cigarette tax, smoking rates in that state drop. Additionally, tobacco prevention programs, resources to help smokers quit, and cancer screenings are critical to stopping cancer before it starts, or catching it at an early stage where it is survivable and cost-effective to treat. This would allow some of our most vulnerable citizens access to cancer screenings and would help smokers who want to quit, among other programs.

Again, I urge you to provide funding for the Cancer Plan by increasing the cigarette tax. Thank you for your consideration of this important matter.

Sincerely,


YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
YOUR ORGANIZATION

No comments: