Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 10, 2009

Vic's Update

Happy EasterWell the Pet Scan is "Inconclusive" (?) The bright spots on her aorta and liver have not changed and there are now new bright spots under both arms and on her spleen--are these Graft vs. Host or cancer they don't know. All are to small for a needle biopsy. So the plan is to continue to see her every two weeks and do another Pet in 6-8 wks. Her liver numbers are improving and her skin Graft vs. Host rash is improving also. I'm not sure how long or how many pet scans we do before further treatment will be done being that the next treatment will be a leukocyte infusion from the donor. We're ok here. I asked Hillary how she felt about it and she told me it was what she expected that Xander has been praying for her to be healthy by Christmas and she feels that is when she will be better.

No comments: