Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Extreme Makeover NH!


Extreme Makeover Home Edition wants to come to NH!

I've been thinking about contacting them for a while.

On Sunday, I watch their show in bed and think, "I'm just as sick and sad as these people. I definately try to contribute. I could definately be on this show."

Except, have you seen my house?

It's great.

However, I do want a place for Xander, Alexis, and all other children that may need some extra TLC to go during times of family hardship.

Good news is, my family does have a property that could serve as a camp.

TRAIL (trail4kids.org) has really done a wonderful job helping Xander communicate along with many other children in NH; however, TRAIL does not have a place of their own.

They need one.

A place should exist where children, like Xander and Alexis, can go to escape stress within a family due to life circumstances. A place should exist that invites all children that are coping with problems within their family to escape.

Maybe, parents like us could get some respite too.

If you think this idea and our communities' children are worth it, please submit an application to http://a.abc.com/media/primetime/xtremehome/apply/2008_APPLICATION.pdf?v1

No comments: