Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 17, 2010

And You thought I was kidding. . .

Two out of every three people believe more should have been done to improve health care access. I bet this woman is one of them.


PHARMACIST REFUSES WOMAN HAVING AN ASTHMA ATTACK HER INHALER


A pharmacist refused to give an asthma inhaler to a New Jersey woman who was suffering a major attack in the store, because she only had a $20 note - and the inhaler was $21.50. 
Katherine O'Connor had left her inhaler at home and was near the local CVS pharmacy with her boyfriend when she began to suffer a major attack. 
Boyfriend Jack Brown said they rushed into the store and tried to find the pharmacist while Miss O'Connor was still having the attack.

But the pharmacist refused to hand over the inhaler, which would have easily put an end to Miss O'Connor's suffering, because the couple was short one dollar and change. 
Mr Brown said: 'I had exactly a $20 bill. It came to $21 and some change. I offered him [the pharmacist] my cell phone, my wallet. I said I live right around the corner. I come in here all the time. 
'I said "Can you just give her the pump. She's on the floor wheezing'. I didn't know if an ambulance would get here on time. He said there was nothing he could do for me.'


Miss O'Connor added: 'He said "Well, there's nothing I can do" and I was just blown away.' 
She said she had little medical insureance to speak of, and having to call 911 would have cost her about $1,500 for an ambulance. 
The couple eventually left the pharmacy without the inhaler - even though Miss O'Connor was still having an asthma attack.


Mr Brown remembered that he had a friend who is a paramedic, who came just in time to give Miss O'Connor an inhaler. 
The manager of the CVS pharmacy declined to comment on the matter but a statement was later issued by the company's corporate offices that said: 'The well-being of our customers is our highest priority and we are looking into this matter.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1321256/Pharmacist-refused-inhaler-woman...

No comments: