Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mom Management

Even with the nasty pleural pain I've been suffering with I managed to coach X on Monday.
J was out of town and handling an excited group of second and third graders takes two people.
Luckily, I've tapered my duties down to stretching (sometimes), game time warm ups, and side line duties (subbing, making sure kids don't wander off, fight, etc.), and my dad could take the rest.
I could site in my comfy chair most the time I rotated players.
But still I was barely up for that.
I had to keep my happy nothing-is-wrong face on when I hurt so bad. I even packed for the cold New England Evening but nothing curbed the pain.
I got some of my yelling/guidance out of my system only to be left with a throaty, I've smoked thirty years voice and a hacking cough still.
But of course, it's all for the normalcy of X.
Then after X's comment about the home made applesauce (read up if you don't know) I obviously made him a home made batch of both apple and pear sauce.
He gave it the sniff test, said it smelled "Kinda good," then refused to eat it.
 He will be diving into that soon. HE just doesn't know it yet.

No comments: