Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Good news: no pneumothorax.
Bad news: nobody knows what the hell it is.
It isn't a problem with my lungs. It isn't pain from my tumor. Both good news.
We're going with infection on this one.
I've had a sinus infection with post nasal drip for weeks now, which isn't abnormal to need a few rounds of antibiotics.
What is abnormal is the awful hacking it has caused.
The cough sounds like a frothy, snotty, scary mess, but it's not since all that snot comes from my sinuses.
So it's 21 days of augmentin for me. I did get some other goodies. Flonase. Generic expectorant from Rite Aide that really works, Hoo-ra.
Some great night cough suppressant that actually stopped my cough last night but didn't stop me from waking up every hour on the hour.
Forget that, I even was able to get up this morning and making X some apple and pear sauce (tis the season for all natural area fruits).
How could I not when I asked him this morning if he wanted me to make apple sauce and his bitter retort was, "Of course I want apple sauce. I always want apple sauce, but you're so tired. You're always tired."
Oh, well then. I didn't even muster up an answer to that one. I just took him to school.
We will be talking about that one though. He needs to know that it's not his job to look out for me. It's his job to be a child, and if he wants me to make something, all he needs to do is ask. My top priority is him.
He usually responds to those little talks for a while, but there's no stopping his from feeling like he needs to care for me.
At least the apple sauce and pear sauce were really easy to make.

1 comment:

Home Remedies said...

Health is always a great wealth for all. Why we will not achieve this? In this consideration everyone wants to have good health. Let us build our healthier life with controlled food habit, discipline, keep pace with work, rest and or exercise. While Health is the root of happiness let us build a happier life.