Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My mouth pain snuck up on me, insidiously.
Today I've only eaten cereal and ice cream.
I've also been testing lots of caphsason, because I hear that's what's up in mouth care.
If that doesn't work, I have my BLM. I have Healthy teeth natural dentist. I have more options than I can remember.
I finally dragged myself off the couch to join the waking world today.
Since Monday, I've managed to take care of X every morning (as usual), do homework, make meat loaf, and play some wall ball.
That's about it.
But I am not complaining, oh no I'm not because things are going my way.
My nurse, for some reason, forgot to change my dressing on Monday.
I also forget to ask him.
But as I'm cursing myself and cursing him on Tuesday and trying to scrounge the supplies together I realized my dressing went unnoticed because MR. Nurse was. . . .  . embarrassed.
Yes. He didn't want to pull my shirt and bra back to get a good look at my dressing because it could mean he was trying to take a peek at my peeks.
And that could mean one thing. . . .
I'm getting cute again!
He's forgiven.
Good thing since I have a photo shoot Sat. for being Monadnock's Woman of the Month. I'm going to ham it up.
I just have to make it through a quick PET scan tomorrow (let's pray that my cancer has stayed away),  and then, maybe, more chemo Monday.

No comments: