Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 11, 2010

Mean, nasty, brutal lungs



I hate what my lungs have done to me. 
They've completely altered my way of life. 
They've brought fear into each day and each movement. 
Everytime I leave the house I wonder if I'll be capable of grocery shopping/shopping/ getting meds etc. 
I'll never again have a hop in my step with stopping to catch my breath.
 I've only now started pushing myself. Telling myself that if I need something upstairs, I can get it if I go slowly.
I was told to start excercising.
 I started with kegel's so my bladder wouldn't fail me when my lungs tried to. Theoretically if I excercise I'll feel better, but I'm pretty sure kegel's wasn't all the pulmonologist meant. 
Actually. . .  I don't think he was thinking that exercise at all.  
HE couldn't tell me why to exercise, maybe it allows oxygen to be used more efficiently. 
I'll try this next. 
Now I'm determined to find a way to get my lungs working at a level I can accept.
My house is dusted.
My frothing hacking cough is gone.
The pain is controlled.
I have an air purifier.
I also invested in plants, natures' best air purifier. I'm hoping to keep all constant colds and viruses X gets under control. Maybe these will help alongside an improved diet for both him and I.
Luckily, he doesn't fight changes and I've all ways been a healthy eater.
Pray for my lungs to be restored to normal without the need of medications.
Xander figured out that loophole after he asked both God and Santa to cure me and they did. . . . temporarily. . . . with Prednisone.
I guess we have to be specific.

No comments: