Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 10, 2010


This week has been another one for the books. 
Parenting solo when sick with a hacking cough and costochondritis only to get pheresis in the middle makes the job even more challenging. 
I think I put x to sleep twice, the other days he put me to sleep. 
I'm lucky I have great supportive loved ones who will take care of both x and I when J's away.
 Even luckier, I was able to find a new housekeeper. 
Unfortunately Becky was getting overwhelmed with family stuff. 
She's been so great to us for so long I didn't want to become a burden on her.I hope the tables have turned and I can now support her, if only to lend an ear. 
Our new woman is thorough and even dusted!! Dusting is not something any of us wanted to do.
 It could shut down my lungs.
 I can't even bend over. With a baseline bloodpressure of 90/50 on a good day, it is very real that I could lose consciosness or die over exerting myself.
 I finally prayed for the vicious cough to go away, and of course it did. I wonder why it took me three courses of antibiotics, pain and suffering before I tried this route.
Silly me. 
Now j is home just in time for my chemo monday. 
At least we were supposed to have a good weekend to enjoy each other.
Instead I got threatened to have my teeth knocked in
Thank goodness for good girlfriends who are always there to lend an ear and a beer. I didn't even have to drop the $15 I thought I would at Harpoon's Brewfest.
Next week is pumpkinfest and we're keeping the tradition of hanging out with my cousin's family.
Of course, that's after I have my own photo shoot for being Monadnock's Woman of the month!

The irony of Going from being called a "shallow, dumb bitch" and being Woman of the month makes me giggle. If that's the worst she can say, I think I'm doing okay. It's an opinion, not a fact.
 Then two weeks after for halloween we're going to see my sister for halloween's "boo fest" at a local zoo, one of x's favorite places.
That is, of course, once I get past this next round of chemo.

No comments: