Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, October 22, 2010

C'est le vie

I AM SO SORRY
I've been a big slacker on a week I have big news.
I've just had a lot go on this week.
And I've been tired.
Sometimes I wonder if I'm just lazy or exhausted.
Chemo related fatigue is a very real thing.
X has also been having a rough time so he has needed some special TLC.
And those TLC days are a little exhausting, so the next day I would need to sleep.
I've also tapered my prednisone, finally, yet again, to  1.5mg.
I was supposed to be off this stuff in June according to my pulmonologist.
I just haven't been healthy enough to keep weaning.
I have been so tired mom sent me to the hospital to get a CBC to see if I needed a transfusion.
Thankfully, I didn't.
I wish I did though.
I always feel better with fresh blood.
Now I'm stuck being tired.
But enough of that.
Drumroll . . . .  .
Okay you have all waited long enough.
My PET scan was okay.
I didn't technically progress.
So my disease hasn't progressed.
I have a new area of hypermetabolic activity that could represent new active disease, but since that spot hasn't grown, my disease has not progressed.
We're thinking (because I need to listen to what my doctor says) that it's not actual resistance to the velbam I'm taking.
It's flash (my lymphoma) coming back because I had to take five weeks off of therapy.
So that's the news. C'est Le Vie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news!