Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

From Vic

Hi To All

As always I like to start with the good stuff. I can't say it any better than Hillary does on her Blog so I have added it to the letter. Patrick and Grace's wedding was beautiful. They are on their Honeymoon this week. My mom turns 86 today. She is remarkable. Xanders soccer team went undefeated in all their rec games. We did get smoked when we played 2 under 10 travel club teams. Pierce turned 1 year old.

Hillary is holding her own. She was scheduled for chemo on Monday but could not do it because her blood counts were low. She had a PET scan last week. She still has a spot of cancer. I have to admit I really don't know how to take it. Hillary was very sick and did not have chemo for 5 weeks. It did not shrink but it not grow. The type of chemo is still working and the cancer has not mutated. Everything is kind of neutral. She is having a lot of trouble breathing with activity or cold. Her last pharisees is next wednesday. Then she can finally get the tubes sticking out of her chest removed. All in all we are living life as it is. Try to keep some excitement going and do what you can.

No comments: