Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OOOOUUUUUCCCHHHHHH!!!!
I hurt.
This damn cough that has been around FOREVER and just won't quit is taking its toll on my achey breakey lungs.
Even more frustrating about the cough is that it's caused by post-nasal drip from my sinuses. It just drips and drips and irritates me and irritates me until I cough and hack and hack some more ultimately getting air in the pleural cavity (not where it's supposed to be) between the lung and chest wall.
Usually, in other "normal" people a pneumothorax is known as a "collapsed lung" most often caused by trauma.
Because I'm mean and my body is what it is I can get them spontaneously just for giggles.
Last year I was known to have one in the right lung that caused little problem except for pain. That area is fibrotic anyway and useless.
This time it's on the exact opposite side, and I want it cared for with a miracle cough suppressor super human decongestant.
I'm headed to the doctor's for some relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

‘hope this helps you, I had tonsil stones and awful bad breath. My friend told me to check Oraltech Labs as it helped him get rid of bad breath and his post nasal drip. I've been following Oraltech Labs advice for about 4 months now and I feel much better, also at work people are not avoiding me anymore so it seems to have cured my bad breath as well’