Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, December 2, 2010

First Time

Xander's first basketball game EVER was last night!!
Usually kids start with games in third grade, but by coaching we get X in a year early.
He is so gigantic he fits right in. He is as big as any fourth grader.
We're going to buy him size 12 pants tonight. I've been procrastinating, but there is no holding back anymore.
The team didn't win, which sent X into a tizzy. The score was 28-34 for the bad guys, but x scored 8 points. He made both his foul shots. He made the first basket of the season too. A sweet shot, nothin' but net.
He had some good drives, dribbling with both hands! He had one smooth steal.
I brought the video camera so he can remember his very first game.
I can't wait to compare before and after shots.
X now wants every game video taped so we can review it.
After we went to pizza with The Ford side of the family, and tonight, our gym rat status starts.
Sick or not. Rain or shine. I'm still a mom. I'm still a mom of an energetic seven year old boy.
Last year I'd lug my oxygen tank to the gym after school so he could run for at least an hour two or three times a week.
If this didn't happen, it was because we were sledding or had other plans.
Contrary to what could be, this is what X knows.
We haven't had that for a couple months now.
Hopefully we can start getting back to normal.
We're picking up Lex at school and then going to the gym together.
She's going to spend tomorrow night at our house to help trim the tree.
X had been having Lexi withdrawals from not having her most weekends since she now lives with my in-laws and goes to her mom's every other weekend.
We'll have to work out a schedule for her to get some us time.
Thankfully, I'm feeling mostly up to it.

1 comment:

linda keenan said...

so happy you are feeling up to all this!!!!