Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tis the Season


It's 10am on Mon and I'm exhausted all ready. 

Yesterday, I finally realized I hadn't taken a day off to rest since I was discharged. That am I woke up at 4 to my vomiting child. Thurs. he had a fever and I finally called my opthamologist about the pain watering and swelling in my eye only to be told what I was experiencing was an EMERGENCY and needed to be treated NOW. 

I could have an object in there constantly scratching my eyeball. I could lose my sight. 

She must have thought I was crazy trying to convince her I was fine and it could wait. 

But it didn't.

 I dragged x out only to find out she was right, the pain I'd been dealing with for a week was an emergency. I had mucous in my eyes that had hardened and was scratching me as I blinked.

 My tear duct plug was intact. The mucous had no doubt come from my sinus infection. 

Then we went to pay taxes and arrived during the town's lunch break. 

Friday I wrote about. 

Sat. We went christmas shopping as a family. 

And we are done!! Well, for the most part. 

So tomorrow I'm scheduling in a whole day of rest and hopefully most of weds. Too. 

Sorry to the commenters I haven't responded to. 

I will. I'm thinking.

 I'm excited this is my very first christmas season that I have been able to fully enjoy as a family woman. 

I've been able to shop and wrap. I've baked dozens of cookies. We decorated the tree and house beautifylly. We're doing family breakfast at our house. 

I'm so excited that I FINALLY had this experience. I've also gotten a little of the stress of it all, but that' part of the fun, right?

No comments: