Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Something's going good. . .


Something must be going right, because lots of people have been telling me I look goooooood. 
It's not only the steroids, which have ended up doing more damage to my exterior than good (thank you moon face and hunch back).
First, let's thank Andrea at Mr T's on Washington St in Claremont (603-543-0333), my life long friend and hair stylist. 
We had some girl fun and died red streaks into my pixie cut. 
My new energy has allowed me to finish some jewelry projects.
 I've baked 4 batches of cookies and "Christmastized," (That's StPierre-family speak for "decorated the house for Christmas) even though poor J got an abscessed tooth this wkend and needed a root canal.
I decided to add some sparkle to my Uggs from last year. They were looking a little plain Jane. They're also heavy and not as warm as they look. I don't have a lot of love for those Uggs. 

They're so heavy I feel like I'm carrying weights with them, but now they're that much cuter. 
 Thank mom and thank God for getting him a quick appointment to feel better.
Even better news, he had his root canal Monday, and This way, he can get his crown next year splitting the budget.
Good news is coming! 

No comments: