Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Silly me.
I thought I could be "Super Mom" to a seven year old during Christmas and still have a life, any life, what so ever.
I had schedule in rest time this week in hopes of staying healthy during the holidays.
Apparently the stomach bug X had last week is not the same one going around his school this week.
Merry Christmas.
It kicked in last night, right before his night-before-the-party-decision to bring gifts for EVERY CHILD IN HIS CLASS.
Now, this is a repeat from last year, but last year he'd discovered he had enough beautiful rocks for each person in his class. Yes, pretty rocks for every one. He took care of it. I had to do nothing.
This year the ante was upped. He'd talked about it for almost a month. The girls would get earrings I made and the boys would get ornaments. He thought. . . Maybe. . . . 
Guess who had no ornaments or earrings put together last night at 8pm?
Guess who had those presents wrapped in sandwich bags and napkins this morning at 6pm?
Yep, that's the same mom that said Tuesday, "You have to pick now, as in TONIGHT, or else we won't do it. There is no procrastinating. It just makes you stressed."
Of course, then comes the little voice, "What's procrastinating?" and it's then  I know I'll be doing whatever he needs when he wants it.
Unfortunately for me his stomach ache took him out of the wrapping process.
Afterwards I was immediately thankful I hadn't given in to my fatigue.
 Making the ornaments turned out to be really fun. All we did was take clear glass ball ornaments, fill them with paint then shake the ball, but of course that turned into an experiment.
Absolutely X's thing, but I'm Christmas presented out.
That just doesn't sound right.
There isn't a word in English for this feeling.
Is it wrong for me to just want to lie on the couch, cuddled in my blanket receiving presents for the next couple days?
Thank goodness J starts vacation tomorrow. After the holidays we have a whole week together to enjoy.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about stem cells? I heard the possibility is becoming real..or not? is this an option? Deb Weatherby

Anonymous said...

It is not wrong for you to want to relax and enjoy the holidays. It sounds like you so deserve to do just that! You are an amazing Mom and they are so lucky to have you. Hope you get all that you wished for. Merry Christmas to you and your family!