Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reprieve


God has granted me a reprieve again. 
I still have the feelings of elation and euphoria but not quite like last year's recovery. 
Last year, I felt closer to death. 
I had suffered so much I was ready to die, and somehow, I managed to hide this for 6 weeks.
 Now, I can walk up and down stairs without going into respiratory distress.
 Every maneuver isn't scary. I'm just wondering what more I have to do. 
This feels like the first christmas and season I'll be able to fully enjoy.
 X gives me cookie orders and I keep him stocked with his favs. 
He wants to make a present for santa, a blanket and a pillow, that we'll do together.
 I'm just so happy to have whatever time I can get with the family. 
X's first basketball game is tonight and I can't wait. There is no missing this, not even if I had to go in a stretcher with IVs. 
X and I discussed it. He hates when I don't go to practice, missing a game is sacralidge. 
To the right is our soccer team from this past fall after winning four games in a row at our final jamboree!
That's just in case you wanted evidence that I do still participate in life. 
I'm just so thankful for all the love and prayers that have kept me here. Thank you, everyone, who reads and prays with faith. 
Over the Thanksgiving week I had the urge to write all the things I'm thankful for, and then I decided it was a little trite.
I'm thankful all the time. It's so important to make everyone aware of how thankful we are for them, how much we love them, and want to see them happy.
I'm thankful for the DHMC ER who now knows me and sweeps me right to safety with every catastrophe. A special thank you to the Doctor who came to see me in the triage room when no rooms were available internally, just to check that I wasn't going into shock again. Another thank you to him for asking my mom what her instincts were telling her. That's impressive.
And this is just one "thank you."

No comments: