Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I am doing, absolutely nothing today.
It's part of my therapeutic plan.
Chemo hit me with a bang at 12:30 this morning. That's the power of reactions. 
I was torm out of bed and sent to dance around the toilet for an hour. I've been hitting the ativan and sleeping ever since.
 I did gather myself to get x to school, my one responsibility during chemo weeks. He seems to feel secure with the care we worked out: I am with him in the am, after school his meme or I will pick him up if there is a problem a family member will pick him up. 
This was our huge alpha goal: we wanted x to feel safe and secure enough within our situation to learn at his age level. He has transitioned to school well. Sure, he tries to stay home, but what kid doeasn't. 
I'm relieved to know he is happy and feels loved where ever he is. He is finally being cared for by people we trust and can rely on. 
Thank goodness. 
Coaching his soccer doesn't hurt, even if it did drag me out of the house for a 9am game on saturday.
 He loves that the family comes out for his events and we're in charge. These were my favorite memories growing up, maybe they'll be his.

No comments: