Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 14, 2009

Where to go. . . .


I feel like this baby. . watch out people.

So I've been thinking about where I want my adventure, which I call life, to go, and what I truly want is for people to lobby.
It's time to speak loud and proud, even if it is to whine about atrocities.
The whole process is making me angry again. I do get
This comic is for Blaine Savage who has a blood cancer. HE writes a blog with his wife, Marleigh, so I'm giving him the savage chicken cartoons (hence their fun last name). This one is for Blaine and his fierce wife:
Now for the demands:
 I want our representatives to know we want an ethics review board that will decide what litigation goes to trial against a hospital. It could be as simple as a jury. No max caps on awards but protection against people who abuse our judiciary system for personal gain. 
That's number one. 
Number two is not so easy. 
I want small business owners to be allowed to buy in to the state's health care benefits. Treat all small businesses, temporarily, as state employees. Have them buy in to the program to keep them afloat while the economy is so terrible (the worst unemployment rate in 26 years, anybody?) so they can put that money into business and back in the economy.
 One small business in nh pays $1500 a month for a family of three with a $6000 deductable. 
These prices also raise over 25% every year.
 Now that's a hell of a return if that"s your investment.
It's very bad if your a business owner. 
It adds up. The cost for health insurance has inflated 74 percent since 2001. That equals about $28,000 a year for health care for one business.
To put this number into perspective, it equals one full time employee or two part times who can not be hired due to health care payments. 
If NH could find a way to provide healthcare to small businesses more cost effectively, we will be able to ride out the recession with ease. We will be the first to see the upswing of the economy.
NH's economy won't be restored until this happens. 
These are my two wishes. I'll get in to insurance oversight later.
I'm finally coming out of my black hole of misery. You guys didn't miss anything. Thanks dani for posting.
 I'm really excited to have created a place where people listen. I can't post all the stories for others but I welcome everything in the comments box. 
I want to hear about you! You can say things anonymously. 
I can only do so much. I'm really worried reform will be thrawted. Healthcare and illness break you. It's breaking me.  It robs you of everything if you will allow it. I can only holler about my problems so much, and now we should put our numbers together to see where we will go.

No comments: