Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Next Step: Outsourcing Medical Care



I'm getting the urge to shop.

I can't really remember the last time I felt this need. Shopping used to be my favorite activity to make me feel better.

Well.... Second favorite.

You guess what the first is.

I'm getting back in the mode to simplify my life.

This seems to happen about every 6 months.

Shopping doesn’t quite fit in with the whole simplification thing, but hey, I am a woman. We can always justify shopping.

I don't think now is the time for me to put energy into patients as partners.

Everyone agrees starting a 501(C) requires life dedication.

I need all my energy to heal.

I want energy for my family.

I also need to have fight left in me so my needs are met.

Getting treated for cancer should not be so hard.

A recording from medco called to confirm the receipt of my scripts.

I was reminded by the monotone female to get my scripts in a timely fashion next time.

Me? This is my job? When I've been forced to use a service that is inconvenient due to costs?

Too much extra stress.

I would have given them an earful, but I don't get the respect of having a person call.

What exactly is my money going to?

My guess is profits since having an actual person call and talk to patients could severely cut into earnings. Donna from Boston has a point, many other countries say Americans treat their animals better than their poor. Here is one case and point.

Want to know what countries say this? Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Cuba, Canada to name a few.

Not the countries you were thinking?

Yes, the countries we snub as underdeveloped are looking down their noses at our health care.

They have every right to, we spend more than any industrialized country on care but the quality is equal or subpar to the above stated countries.

We have an infant mortality rate that rivals the third world.

The US is missing a huge opportunity to regain its Superpower status by failing to create the best system in the world.

It’s no wonder with problems like I experience medicine is getting outsourced too.

I was headed to Germany. I’ve heard of others who go to India or Barbados.

It’s cheaper to vacation in the Caribbean and receive treatment than it is to solely receive treatment.

Ugh.

No comments: