Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life is good


ANNOUNCEMENT: The Winner of the raffle steve giamarino from scs group

Life is good. Good. Good. Good.

I have good news, very good news.

All those complaints, the raging four page long Hillary fit that probably should have been kept for my book: cancer it.

The solution to our system’s illness and our frustrations, the black holes, the miscommunication between providers, departments, and hospitals may soon be cured.

The Chief Information officer of the Department of Health in NH has stated he will guide Patients As Partners through the political process for me!

I am also in talks with the American Cancer Society to get the national office to pledge their support as well.

I think this collaboration between the dept. of Health and a 501(C) like the ACS is a match made in heaven.

I would get to oversee the process as I am able and a representative of mine will be present to see this to its fruition!

Hooray. This is something to celebrate.

Maybe all the terrible things I have gone through, all the waiting, scared, trying to be found when I was lost, maybe it will be all worth it.

I’m fine with taking one for the team as long as some significant changes can be made so no one ever has to suffer the fear and pain I have.

YAY!

For those of you who have had a problem conceptualizing my vision, I’ll tell you the objectives that it meets as outlined by The Citizens Health Initiative:

PAP will be private and secure (well, as much as it can be since Fed Chairman Bernake’s Financial Information got hacked and stolen, how safe are any of us really? But it’ll try)

It will promote quality, safety, and efficiency

It will be electronic for medical providers to record, store, and access patient information.

It will be patient accessible and portable.

It will support the equitable access to healthcare.

There is a big, long strategic plan that we don’t need to talk about now because I’m too busy being excited.

Best of all, not stated in the objectives: it is self sustainable through advertisements.

Theoretically, it can lower health care costs through transparency and never have a taxpayer dollar other than stimulus money attached.

Holler. High Fives All Around. I have no problems today. All my suffering may not be in vain.

1 comment:

Miranda B said...

Hillary - that's awesome!!! I'm so happy to read this!

Much love to you : )