Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

making a comeback

The good days are so much better after you have reached down into the depths of some seriously bad days.  . I am giving myself a break, and I bet this will get a sigh of relief, everybody else is getting a break too. . I am finally understanding most people don't think like me. I'm hardpressed to find anybody who thinks like me.   Thank goodness. There are all ready two of me (twin sis heather) but duplicating my brain is not something life could handle. Apparently, not everybody can just whip up postings in ten minutes and find appropriate pics to accompany them. Not everyvody's mind runs like COTIS, a grabd data base cross referencing and calculating outcomes based on experiences. Nope, only my mind works like that. Thank goodness it is working again.     My anhedonia is improving, hence the pictures I am taking again. I am having cold sweats and chills but I think its from the flu shot. . Get those flu shots people and eat lots of quercitin containing foods (blueberries, apples). An apple a day keeps the doc away(if you're a normal healthy person). . If you want to cheat like me quercitin c is a supplement to assist your immune system in fighting viruses and flus is available online. I am off with hubby to bean town to see Dr.Dana, gvhd eye guru estrodionaire. I hope to have my second duct plugged which will hopefully ease the residual dryness that results in a nasty, filmy grime across my eye, makng it impossible to see. Then, if ignored, the filmy grime dries giving me eye snots. On the brightside, it's getting fixed!! The severe photophobia and pain that began the gvh is controlled. My eyes are hardly an issue with my oasys contacts, systaine eyedrops, my restasis, and flax seed oil. This all works, but my eyes are going to be perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hang in there girl ... & celebrate being unique.
F