Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, September 11, 2009


Ugh. That's how I feel about today and it just started. It wasn't supposed to be this way. It's supposed to be a good day hanging out and shopping in west leb with deb before my pet scan starving bc I am npo.  Tj maxX and payless sound just like what my np would have ordered had we talked about it(maybe even the doc too, I need some therapy, retail is cheapest). After a week of suffering in the hospital I'm lucky I want to do anything. I hear it takes a week of recovery for everyday spent in the hospital.   Sounds right. Now this morning my port is acting up. It's not showing me a blood flash it flushes really hard and most importantly it won't infuse my vanco. It is really not showing me any love at all. I never expected to have such a conflictual love hate relationship with my port. It's supposed to be good to me, like a safety blanket.   instead I'm headed to dhmc for maybe some tpa to open the line up if it is clogged. Ugh. So frustrating. We'll see what the verdict is with my medi problem and maybe the rest of the day will go better. Tpa, once infused, stays in the line for an hour and a half to work it's magic. After that it, it should be perfectly clean and in tip top working condition. The trick is to have this happen quickly enough so I don't miss doses of my antibiotic. I was due at 8:30. I got to the hospital for 10:15 an hour and a half is 11:45. Double ugh. I do think I could squeeze my am dose in, but all the energy to fix this is exhausting. I may have to cancer my fun weekend plans again. Ugh.