Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 30, 2008

CHANGE THE WORLD

The world is here, and whether you decide to meet it or not, it’s going to slap you in the face. I’ve decided to step up and meet the world, but what is the world expecting of me?
Respect? That’s what I give, but really, the worlds’ expectations are not too high. I’m a cancer patient. I’m incredibly ill, but I’m looking around the world. I am seeing it in a different way.
I don’t like what I’m seeing. I’d like to flip the world on its ass. I want to pay it forward.
I’m reviewing possibilities like a child, thinking the realm of possibility is endless for me. I’m not limited by my previous experiences. I can not let my talents atrophy.
What have you done to change the world? We’ve all done something. Open your eyes and embrace the minute changes you have made in the lives of others.
I’d like to require everybody who I’ve welcomed into my life, who I am experiencing the world with right now, that means all you readers, to pay it forward.
Remember the butterfly effect, one small action can change the course of the world for all time, every small politeness is a change in the world.
Greatness is in the eyes of the recipient, there is no greater need than for small good deeds. Remember, you can change the world and pay your gifts forward from where you are right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hillary. It's Kelly Frye. We talked the one time and then you headed off to transplant. Been following everything! Waiting for you to feel better enough to chat again! You are an amazing writer!! I'm amazed at your energy! If I had done this through my time, all my blogs would have said is "yep, threw up all day again today." I'm also amazed at how much the translant "process" has changed! I hope to catch up with you again soon!