Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thanks to the Community

I’ve finally gotten around to writing a thank you piece. I’m sorry, I know I have left people out. I don’t think the paper would publish a five page long “Letter to the Editor.” I hope everybody understands how much they have helped me. Surviving is so much easier, when so many people have my back.
Thank you everybody who has helped ease my fight with cancer. All the love and support I’ve received from friends, family, loved ones, acquaintances, and strangers is very refreshing. It’s helped validate me as a woman that deserves to be saved.
I would never be able to thank everybody appropriately. I’m trying to share my life and my knowledge so in the future you can reference my experience. Please see www.baldiesblog.blogspot.com
I’d like to give some very special thank yous for those who have really gone above and beyond to help me. There are so many, I hope I don’t leave anyone out, but Thank you cards will probably be sent out in Dec.
To Preferred Building Systems and Boston Scientific for coordinating fundraisers so I could pay my bills and eat while undergoing treatment. Thank you for all the bands who volunteered, the people who donated, and the people who scrounged around for door prizes. You are all heroes.
Thank you to Multifinance Corp. and Sprauge Energy for taking a special interest in me and supporting me so well.
Thank you to everybody who got their hands dirty to make sure my home was a safe environment, especially Alissa, Aunt Becky, Linda, Aunt Carol, Rev, and Hill and all the people who helped with my home. I haven’t gotten a finalized list, but you are all wonderful co-survivors.
Thank you Servepro, of both Claremont and Keene, for donating a cleaning of my carpets and upholstery. Thank you to Subaru of Claremont, which has donated their time to detail my car so I can ride in it without a mask. Thank you Jill for hitting them up on my behalf.
Thank you to the Pilvelait/Walker families, who graciously hosted a very successful yard sale on my behalf.
Thank you Bryant Credit Union and Donna, who are helping me manage my accounts while I’m away, and Aunt B for telling the insurance companies exactly what I am liable to pay.
Thank you to all the loving people who help care for my son in my absence. You are vital, surrogate moms who have made a huge difference. Thank you to my husband, who has been my family’s “rock.”
Thank you for all the loving hematologists, nurse practitioners, nurses, secretaries, and housekeeping staff that have looked after me all these years.
A HUGE thanks to my family, especially my parents, for dropping everything to care for me. I don’t think I would have made it without their support.
Please remember to check out my story at www.baldiesblog.blogspot.com. We all need to embrace each other when facing trials such as mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being able to go home!!! Take care and I pray everything keeps going well for you! We are all rooting for you!!! <3 Vanessa