Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ultrasound Result

My ultrasound, this morning, turned out okay. The ultimate need for an ultrasound was to find the source of my bleeding. They did find it in a uterine fibroid located near my cervix. I also have a cyst on my left cervix.
Neither of these findings are worrisome. I’ve all ready received treatment for the bleeding. My current health issue is under control.
Laying on the stretcher in radiology gives a unique perception of everyone else. I’m lying down, half conscious.
I’m never addressed by the doctors and students unless I make myself known. So a parade of people come into the room to check out my uterus and mumble about implications. The radiologist began to ultrasound my stomach with out ever looking at me. I felt like solely a fibriotic uterus. It makes such a huge amount of difference just acknowledging that a patient is present.
Most people wouldn’t have spoken up, but I liked her necklace. It was beautiful and simple, just like my style. The charm looked like an elegant cancer ribbon hanging around her neck. I had designed some jewelry similar to that a couple days ago. I needed to know where she got it.
“Tiffany’s” she said, her face lighting up, “It’s an L, for my name.” It was definitely something special.
I’m in love. Here’s a hint to my husband. I’m going to deserve something special when I’m done with this. JB & Tiffany, maybe you can help him out with this.
With our new found bond over classy jewelry, I was also able to get my radiology report straight from the radiologist’s mouth.
It’s amazing the type of information you receive if you just ask.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Hillary,
So I may have to be veeeeery careful not to leave you and Tiffany alone together. Your taste in jewelry could get me in trouble. I was reading your blog to Tiff and she had me on the Tiffany & Co. website in a blink of the eye. She navigated me through the website to get to the monogram pendants faster than I could type. . . I guess she has been there before - as in yesterday, and the day before. . . She believes that Tiffany & Co. should have the same "special deal" that the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum has - if your name is "Isabella" you get discounted entry to the museum. So far, no uppity-nosed Tiffany & Co. sales associate has offered that same deal to her . . . but she tries. Anyway, with taste in jewelry like yours and Tiff's, as husbands, we are in BIG trouble.
Think happy thoughts and smooth sailing on the procedure. Hang tough and God Bless!
Love,
Tiffany & J.B. (okay, Tiffany & Co.)