Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Have Shingles, They are Not on my Roof

I have Shingles, and not on my roof. I do, actually, have shingles on my roof, but these are not the kind that are concerning me right now.
I actually have one little spot that looks like a shingle on my chest. No big deal, I have an immune system that will wipe it out.
Wrong, I have no immune system so I’ll be calling my doctors and praying I don’t have to go to Boston.
It looks like a pimple. It itches a little bit. It does not hurt, but its located along the exact line where my previous shingles were. I don’t have a fever, this is vital.
I’m calling after breakfast. Please don’t blow up my phone and yell it me for not taking proper care of myself.
I’m taking my prophylactic acyclovir (just in case antiviral), but there is one spot.
“Out, damn spot, out I say.”
I’ve actually just paged the allogenic stem cell doctor on call, who happens to be my doctor.
He looked terrible on Thursday, like he was coming down with the flu. I hope he took a day off. Severe colds and the flu can feel just as bad as cancer, these just don’t last for years and they don’t kill young people.
I have an innate need to care for sick people, my doctors are no exception.
I’m hoping we can just wait and see each other tomorrow. Maybe I can just send him a picture to show him it’s really nothing that needs to be addressed now. Maybe he’ll send me to DHMC. I’m really hoping I can just stay in my nice cozy home all day, but we’ll see.

1 comment:

Kimberly Williams said...

I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
Herpes is a serious and recurrent condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by US doctors, but the best way to fight against herpes is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great herbalist who cures people of herpes  virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be afraid that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, infections, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE  Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com