Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm a Daddy's Girl

Below is one of my father’s updates that he writes for all those just in the email circuit. I’m a verified “Daddy’s Girl” and mostly he amuses me. Some of the information is over indulged. I am not absolutely going home on Thursday. I will be reassessed on Thurs, and everything is looking good, the I get to go home. Here is was he wrote.
Victor St. Pierre wrote:
Great News
Hillary got the news this morning that she can go home to NH on Thursday. Friends are cleaning the house from top to bottom. It's kind of a rush because we didn't think it would happen this quick.
Hillary got her last chemo Methotrexate, today. It is a drug that allows the donor cells to come in easier. I think this is the 21st drug she is on. But anyway Hillary is doing above average. She is not starting to graff yet but she on target. This transplant is a lot different. She has not lost her hair yet, She has not needed to shed all her lung lining like the first one. Let just hope and pray that it keeps going
well and it works to stop the cancer.
Vic

Hi To all

Baldiesblog.blogspot.com
Hillaryst_pierre@hotmail.com

I have not written for a while.Hillary's blog is keeping everyone up to date. Hillary is still in the Hotel next to Dana Farber. She is doing ok. It's been 10 days since the Transplant. Nancy didn't trust me to remember all the rules. I think she was right. Her Spirits are up most of the time. She has to be on the right combination of drugs to feel good. She has about 20 different medicines that she takes.
Right now the tough one is NYprogen. It make her bone marrow grow much faster than normal. She says it feels like the inside of all her bones are growing and pushing out. It make all her bones ache.
We are both in the room now. We are fighting over the TV. She wants to watch Desparate Housewives and I want to watch the Red Sox. She is winning! Even if Jon Lester is Pitching. Thats Hillary's new Hero. He recovered with just 1 chemo from his cancer and He got it after Hillary got hers. He is pitching in the 7th game of the ALCS. We are going to try to contact him for moral support.

I have the next 3 days with her. John and Xander were here this weekend. Nancy will come on Tuesday night or wednesday. We still don't know what our schedule is. It all depends on Hillary's Labs and blood
counts. She is going stir crazy. Please send her emails if you have time.

I want to thank everyone that helped make the Fund raiser a success. It was a real energy pick up for all of us as well. We appreciate all the prayers and support that is helping us stay very positive.

Hillarys Blog is getting a lot of attention. When Father Stan told her that god told him she wasn't getting better because she hadn't told enough people about Cancer she decided She should really tell
the story. She has found her blog linked to some other major bloggers.

Nancy has written a protocal for dental care for cancer patients. It has been approved for use at Dartmouth Hitchcock. She has done a lot of research in the last 2-1/2 years and has seen what works with Hillary. I think father Stan better have another conversation with God
to see if he will now help her get better.

I have to go pick up more books for Hillary tomorrow. Luckily The Harvard bookstore is right across the street. imagine that we were at Dartmouth now Harvard. Those 2 are bitter rivalries. We are getting
the very best from the Ivy League Schools.

Please email as Hillary needs stimulation or she will go stir crazy. If she goes stir crazy she sends me to do 1000 errands. Please keep her mind occupied on something-- anything you want to talk
about. Even if you don't know her email her.

Really We haven't sent out enough thank you notes for all the help we have gotten. We didn't get addresses for everyone that helped us get to this point. This week is a big week for her. Keep praying and think of her.

Vic, Nancy, Patrick, Grace, Allen, Heather, Pierce, Jon, Xander and
Hillary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary,

Your new birthday 10/9 is the same as a girl that your father and I knew at St. Mary's High School. She had some similar physical qualities to yours, she was a very pretty brunette, tall (5' 8") with a Frenchy look about her. She was given the nickname 'Pepsi' based on the Pepsi slogan that was so popular on the radio. The slogan was 'You've got a lot to live and Pepsi's got a lot to give'. I gave your dad this info to see if he can remember her. I will be shocked if any guy who shared the same school years with her (1967-1971)has forgotten her name. I told your dad to reply when he has her name or if the poor old guy has lost his curve ball and can't
remember. Here's a hint: she was best friends with your Aunt Barbara.

Wishing you Peace, Love, Happiness and Health,

David Ewald