Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Congratulations to Me!!

Good news! I couldn't leave you in the dark all night. I get to go home tomorrow!! I need to be seen twice next week, due to protacol, but my labs look fabulous. I do get the right to call and be squeezed in anytime at DF, and DHMC gets to be on back-up if something happens after 1:30. But nothing is going to happen, because I am in great shape. Even though I do love my people at Dartmouth. My NURSE PRACTITIONER, Melissa, which I wrongly reported as a PA, is now a Hilary fan. I knew I'd sneak under her skin. So I'll give some more details tomorrow, because right now I'm having a little celebration. YAYAYAYAYA.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS HE BEST NEWS EVER HILLARY!!!!! Charlestown has missed your smile and needs to have you home again!! We need the sunshine you bring whenever you are around!! xxooxxooxxooxxoo Laura

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!!! i can't wait to see you! :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! hooray for you!!
-heidi

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lindsay and I just got home from our cruise. It's taken me all evening to catch up on your posts and now the best news of all, is last! I'm very sorry I wasn't here to volunteer for the cleaning frenzy. If that's needed again, have someone call me, or e-mail me or come get me! We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow. Hugs! Alanna