Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 20, 2008

My therapist told me she's never met anyone with so many problems

My therapist told me she’s never met somebody with so many problems. She’s been a therapist for twenty years. She’s probably been in therapy for ten.
She at least, does not try to psychoanalyze me. I don’t like being openly psychoanalyzed.
That’s my territory. I do a psychological summaries on the people I meet.
One Dr. walked into my room, just looking all around, noticing I rearranged the furniture, everything has a space. Mumbling under his breath.
“Just what exactly are you insinuating?” I wanted to ask, but I knew. It all sounded like meticulous, type A, organized control freak summarization. At times, all these traits can be me. At other times, they are not.
I think that is why woman like Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives, we can all possess the characteristic traits of each of those woman at anytime. We see a piece ourselves reflected on the TV screen. We can relate.
The nurse came in to scan my arm band this morning and verify my identity. After a little song and dance she says, flustered, “I don’t see any labs for you.”
I say, “oh I’ve had them drawn all ready.” She informed me I was supposed to tell her that.
Sorry, my bad, my mind reading ability must be a little askew with all this chemo.
They should bring Kelly back to me. I’d like to make her my personal nurse, because I like her. She makes me happy.
Last evening the VNA called while Xander was screaming around the room. I asked the nurse to please speak up since I couldn’t hear him. He informed me that he was speaking up. Whoa, wait a second buddy. I won’t need your services or your hostility around me today.
I’m not inviting creepy-mc-creepster up to my room.
I do have to take into account that today is a Monday. And it’s a special Monday, it’s the Monday after the Sox got beat out of the ACLS. This is going to be one rough morning.

No comments: