Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Appreciation

I was told the other day that no one really appreciates each other.
Whoa. Hold up now. I haven’t heard this kind of pessimism in a long time.
These kind of statements are genuinely reserved for other people.
It was refreshing to remember the other side exists. I’d forgotten that people feel this way.
They not only feel this way, but they truly believe it.
I’m really not an eternal optimist, but I believe we can teach others how we will and will not be treated.
Body language, nuances, straight out talking sets guidelines for the behavior we will receive from not only those we love, but those we encounter.
There are obvious lines and segments of social circles, not everyone can be a close comrade, but in all walks of life, we will be approached as appropriate, generally, in the way we command ourselves.
How people respond to us is a reflection of who we are in relation to the external view of ourselves.
Is this too complicated?
All I’m saying is how other people respond to us is a reflection of who we are internally, just like a mirror or photograph shows our exterior, other people’s responses reflect our interior likeness.
I recommend more people watch this closely, and learn to enjoy, the true appreciation they see from others, if that’s what they’re looking for.
Above is a picture, of my man showing his support for my new hairstyle. X is getting the family hair cut today.
Thanks to Grandpa, Here is something funny, that may help you appreciate your day, even with the rain, a little bit More:

Interesting Signs

Sign over a Gynecologist's Office: 'Dr. Jones, at your cervix.'
In a Podiatrist's office: 'Time wounds all heels.'
On a Septic Tank Truck:
Yesterday's Meals on Wheels
On a Plumber's truck: 'We repair what your husband fixed.'
On another Plumber's truck:' Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber.'
On a Church's Bill board:'7 days without God makes one weak.'
At a Tire Store: 'Invite us to your next blowout.'
On an Electrician's truck: 'Let us remove your shorts.'
In a Non-smoking Area: 'If we see smoke, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate
action.'
On a Maternity Room door: 'Push. Push. Push.'
At an Optometrist's Office:'If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place.'
On a Taxidermist's window: 'We really know our stuff.'
On a Fence:'Salesmen welcome! Dog food is expensive!'
At a Car Dealership: 'The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment.'
Outside a Car Exhaust Store: 'No appointment necessary. We hear you coming.'
In a Vets waiting room: 'Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!'
In a Restaurant window: 'Don't stand there and be hungry; come on in and get fed up.'
In the front yard of a Funeral Home: 'Drive carefully. We'll wait.'
And don't forget the sign at a
RADIATOR SHOP:'Best place in town to take a leak.'
Sign on the back of yet another
Septic Tank Truck: 'Caution - This Truck is full of Political Promises'
Finally, I’ll add one of my own, that hung in my childhood PCP’s partner’s hallway:
At the doctor’s office: Vasectomy means never having to say your sorry.

No comments: