Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dad's Update to The Masses


**WARNING** Since Dad brought up my ICU stay, and Laura so graciously emailed me the pictures I just had to see. I will post one. I do not foresee this kind of side effect from my treatment this time. This photograph was taken in Feb. or March 2007 when I was looking like I was at the losing end of my battle.

Nancy and Vic St.Pierre wrote:

Hi to all
Well it's been a while since I have had my home computer and my big "Hillary Update Address Book". I sent out a few update from Boston but my laptop only has a smaller amount of Names.

I would first, the very first thing is thank all of you for your prayers, support and well wishes. It has made the month of October bearable. Our emotions have been on a roller coaster but we kept our
faith and increased strength from our many friends and well wishers. I have talked with people I have met 30 years ago and they all offered a great deal of uplifting moral support! It was if had seen these
people everyday. I have a whole new feeling of humanity. Thanks for carrying us!!

Hillary is at her home in Charlestown. She went in for the transplant on October 3. Today in Boston she was able to get her Central line removed. The central line is the tube they feed the Chemo, stem cells, medication in her body just above the heart. That is what they think caused the infections with the first transplant that put her into critical condition. I am so glad that we are past this point. Hillary has been running a slight fever. A level just below where she would have been re admitted. She has not lost her hair yet. It is thinning and she says it hurts when it falls out. She dyed her hair red yesterday. If she doesn't like it, not to worry, it will fall out soon. Nancy says it looks pretty good!!

Hillary looks good and is feeling good. Mornings are best as she has more energy. She stays mainly in the house but does get out some but not with a lot of people. Her house was cleaned spotless by friends and family. She is in her own little world with her computer. She certainly has Chemo Brain. She told Nancy the same story today 3 times. That will go away after a while.

Well we plan to have a little fun with guessing where the bone marrow donor is from. I truly believe that the donors cells affect how Hillary will change as the Graff take place. We think the donor is from Europe. We do know she is 26 years old, the same as Hillary. I am going to guess she is from Paris France because we have already noticed and urge to look at more fashion and shop more. Nancy thinks
she is Scandinavian, Swedish, because that is Nancy's heritage.

Arguments now could be made that the red hair could be an Irish trait.

I'm not sure what European trait the forgetting and repeating trait comes from. We won't be able to find out for 2 years. I hope everyone makes a guess and writes it down somewhere.

A friend of Hillary's had her bone marrow tested in May and has already been called to be a donor for someone else. You all have proven to make a difference in the world from our humble perspective.

Well enough for now. Hillary is always writing on her blog
*BALDIESBLOG.BLOGSPOT.COM *CHECK IT OUT WHEN YOU CAN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's quite the picture. As they say, "You've come a long way baby!" and I'm happy for you that sleeplessness is your biggest complaint, at the moment.
Alanna