Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 27, 2008

PAY ME FORWARD

I made it to Spain! A friend from my school days lives there now!! Besos y abrazos para ti y tu familia!
I’m so excited that I’m internationally interesting.
I’m also getting some love from Savannah, Georgia (Yes, I’d love to visit sometime), Ohio (Thank you Mom’s Group), and Washington State (Hi Shannon).
I’m so excited people are interested!!! I'm hollering a big THANK YOU to everybody for the support.
Thanks everybody for your confidence in me.
I have an idea. SURPRISE, me, an idea?
What I'd like for the holidays, is for me to be paid forward.
We can all afford a promise and five minutes, can't we?
PLEASE write an email and forward it to everybody you know.
I did start this under the premise that, maybe, I had something to offer. I hoped I had insights that might help others. Blogging also combined all my favorite things: art, creativity, design, writing, teaching, and science.
Despite my circumstances, I think I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be.
Here’s how it’s going to go. Create your email like a chain letter, telling a story, encouraging people to read my blog, and then say they have to forward it to everybody in their address book or else they’ll get bad luck or go straight to hell for not supporting advocacy for the sick, disabled, and destitute.
Here, I’ll make it for you:
Put www.baldiesblog.blogspot.com in the subject line
Put all your contacts in the address box.
Then right the following:
One in two men and one in three women will be diagnosed with cancer. We will all, at sometime, be affected.
Hillary is a 26 year old woman with cancer. She’s struggled with her disease for 3 years, and has “exhausted traditional treatment.” Hill is sharing her struggle, successes, feelings, and treatment with people in hopes to ease the fears of some and promote positive thinking among all. See her at www.baldiesblog.blogspot.com
Please forward this message on to all you know and love. We all will eventually have to stare cancer in the face.
If you’re wondering what you can do to help, do this. I’ll accept it as a holiday present. What’s more affordable than a promise? Happy holidays to me.
Remember: Copy this into an email, then put all your contacts in the address box, and hit send.

ZUTTERS, by the way, I will be out of isolation for Feb. You know what that means, it’s on this year. Zamboni’s are giving you a broom hockey beat down!
We have a date for the night before. EVERYBODY.
SOMEBODY. Make sure you get a hold of Robyn at DHMC. I owe her.
Heidi. You were one of my FIRST public supporters who has barely met me. I LOVE THAT. Please bring friends.
If you speak Hillary, that means everyone you know.
I am out of isolation on January 18. I will accept waiting to celebrate until the fifth or sixth or whatever the FIRST WEEKEND OF FEBRUARY is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there. Don't you worry! :)
And I feel like I tell everyone I know about your blog. My mom (in Alabama) has shared it with her friends too! :)

Anonymous said...

I am still reading everyday and I know my sister does too... And I got your chain email today from one of my friends. Her son is better than 10 years in remission now. I think there are way more people out there who read you blog than you will ever know! Happy belated thanksgiving and remember its not how much turkey or pie you got to eat its the family you get to share it with that means the most!

Becca

Anonymous said...

Done deal! The email is going out tonight!

Keep up that strong attitude!

And remember that there are lots of people here in Savannah, GA praying for you every day! They prayed my mother through lung cancer; they are a potent force.

You are in God's hands.

Carol

PS. One of my priest friends reads your blog! He thinks you are a beautiful and brave young woman...his words!