Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yesterday AM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So there are many people who have asked Hil about me. Saying "who is this girl?" and "how can she be such a good friend to you?" She called me and asked me to say something and I am more than happy to do so.

My name is Brynn Kane. I live in Charlestown. I moved to the little town about 3 years ago. I met Hilary through a mutual friend (Nicole DeTore). I live across the street from them. I met Hillary and found she is a lot of fun to be around. She is an amazing person and is a lot of fun to be around. We had a lot in common...there is the purse fetish, the love of wine, shopping and of course Sex and the City. So it was only natural for us to become good friends.

Over the last couple of years we have gotten to know each other very well. Hil said to me the other day "you didn't even know me when I wasn't sick." To me that doesn't matter. Hillary has been sick ever since I have known her. That doesn't change the fact that she is smart, funny, a great mother, not to mention a great friend herself. When I am around her I don't see "sick Hillary" I see the fun loving full of life woman who is brave and strong.

So the answer is simple...I am such a good friend to her because she makes it so easy! Don't you want to be around people that are as great as Hil?

Hillary I hope you feel better! The little package I have coming for you, I should have by the end of the week!